By providing the necessary support and sharing good practice, BCO makes a significant contribution to the development of high-speed Internet connections across the maximum possible area of the Czech Republic. Through direct activities in the regions and methodological support of the headquarters, BCO represents an active mediator supporting innovation and development and increasing the availability of high-speed connections for a wide range of users.
BCO focuses mainly on:
- providing advice and expert support to entities involved in the process of constructing and financing of high-speed networks, socio-economic actors and the general population, e.g. in mapping the coverage and availability of high-speed networks,
- supporting increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of investments in the development of high-speed networks,
- facilitating the two-way transmission and sharing of information across the Broadband Competence Office (BCO) network of the European Commission, including the application of effective procedures already applied in other EU countries.
At the level of local and regional governments, BCO focuses on:
- support for general coordination in the construction or reconstruction of lines, taking into account the development of the Committee of Regions (CoR),
- consultation in the preparation of spatial plans,
- assistance with the removal of existing obstacles to preparing constructions and the reduction in investment intensity, e.g. by finding ways to reduce the cost of servicing, reducing the practice of applying additional costs in repairing road surfaces and pavements, reducing duplicate fees, etc.,
- searching for ways to accelerate the process of constructing high-speed networks while maintaining the conditions set by the legal framework of the Czech Republic and maintaining the principles of technological neutrality.